Stendhal FAQ’s Part 1 – Access/Parking
Part one of our FAQ section deals with arriving at the festival.
More FAQs will be posted in the coming days, next up a guide to family camping.
- When can I arrive?
• Gates will be open from open at 5pm until 10pm (Strictly) on Thursday 15th August for all campers and festival goers who have purchased Long Weekend Tickets and Thursday tickets. We will not be selling Thursday Night Tickets on the gate, so if you do not have one prior to arrival you will not get access to the site until Friday Morning.
Gates for those on General weekend camping tickets will be from 10am on Friday August 16th
• Tickets may be available to buy at the gate but last year we sold out of all our camping tickets prior to the festival, we expect that to be the case again this year.
• Gates will close at 10pm – strictly no re-entry after this point.
On Friday August 16th – Gates for Day ticket holders will open at 11am.
• On Saturday 17th August, gates will open at 10am for all ticket holders.
• All Ticket sales will close at 8pm on Saturday.
Last re-entry for all wristband holders will be 10pm on all days
- Where can I park my car if coming for the weekend?
• We have 2 separate car parks for our patrons. The General Carpark is located at the general entrance on the Ballyavelin road and is for All General admission weekend and All Day patrons (Including Family Day Patrons).
The Family Weekend/Single Parent Camping Carpark is located off the Edenmore road and entry will be via a sign posted laneway off the Edenmore road. A map showing this location will be available soon. Only Families/Single Parents on camping passes can use this car park – families and single parents on day passes must use the general Carpark located at the main entrance off the Ballyavelin Road
Admission to the car parks is £5 for all weekend camping and £3 for all day patrons.
DROP-OFF: Those who are getting dropped off for the weekend must be dropped off at the drop-off point at the footpaths by the Church at the CrossRoads of the Ballyavelin Road and Drumsurn Road to make your way on site on foot or you will be charged the weekend rate. Likewise, make your way to this location if you are being picked up post festival.
***PLEASE NOTE that queues are likely on Friday afternoon/evening***
- Can I park right next to my tent/campervan?
No vehicles can access the campsites. General Camping is approximately 200M from the main entrance and Family Camping is now a shorter walk from the new Family car park for any little legs in your party.
- Where can I park my car if coming for a day?
In the General Site Car park at the main entrance to the site off the Ballyavelin Road
- Are there spaces for Blue Badge holders?
We have a small area suitable for Blue Badge holders right next to our main entrance;to guarantee a space you must contact us at email@example.com before midnight on Monday 12th August these spaces are limited and operate on a first come first serve basis.
- What if I don’t drive?
A SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE is available on the Friday and Saturday – FROM LIMAVADY BUS DEPOT to the drop off point on the Ballyavelin Rd – And Saturday Night and Sunday from the site to the town.
– It is a free service that operates on a donation only basis. (Minimum suggested donation is a pound.)
– It will transport festival goers to the festival site on Friday and Saturday.
– It will only transport festival goers back into Limavady after the gates close on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
– Times for the shuttle bus are as follows
o From Limavady bus depot to festival site 11am – 4pm on the hour. 6pm-9pm on the hour. Located in the car park behind the bus depot.
o From the festival site back to the Limavady Bus depot: 8pm-3am Multiple runs. Sunday 9am – 12 noon. Pick up is at the pick up point to the left of the main entry point on the Ballyavelin Road.
- Can I bring my campervan?
Our campervan site is fully booked so only those campervans with a valid campervan ticket will be granted entry to the festival arena or its weekend car parking field. If you have not got one of these passes – please do not bring your van.
- Can I bring a trailer tent?
Trailer tents are not allowed in our campervan area or car parking fields – please do not arrive in one.
- Campervans and Caravans have their own individual campsites. Once your van is parked up for the weekend – no cars/vans may leave the site until Sunday Morning.
- All campervans/caravans are subject to searches.